Evernote is a platform for human memory, designed to help individuals remember everything (TM). From small tasks to major projects, Evernote is where you’ll achieve your best work, day in and day out.As one workspace that lives across your phone, tablet, and computer, Evernote is the most productive office for modern teams. Write free from distraction, collect information, find what you need, and present your ideas to the world—all more efficiently than you ever imagined, giving you more time to take your ideas from inspiration to reality.
Evernote has 4 subscription types: (1) Basic (free); (2) Plus ($34.99/yr); (3) Premium ($69.99/yr); and (4) Business ($12.99 per user/month, discounted to $6.50 per user/month for nonprofits). Below, we provide guidance on choosing the one that will best meet your needs.
1. Features Common to All Evernote Subscriptions (Paid and Unpaid)
- Unlimited total storage
- Notebook sharing
- Searching for printed and handwritten text in images
- Industry-standard security2 and text encryption option
- Passcode lock on mobile apps
- Image annotation
- Salesforce integration for personal notes7 (Evernote Business comes with integration for business notes also)
2. Features Common to All Paid Subscriptions
- Sync across all of your devices (For Basic, sync across 2 devices)
- 2-step verification via SMS and Google Authenticator (For Basic, 2-step verification is available through Google Authenticator only)
- Offline access to notes via Desktop and Mobile (For Basic, offline access is available only via Desktop)
- Evernote agent support (For Basic, only Community Support is available)
3. Different upload and note sizes to fit your needs
Monthly note uploads
Maximum note size
4. Comparison of Key Paid Features
1 Example: If you have 5 users in your Evernote Business account, you get a shared 10 GB per month for business note uploads.
2 Your data is secure in transit with TLS/SSL encryption and note content can be locally encrypted using AES encryption. Please note that receiving verification codes via SMS is available for Premium and Business users. Learn more about how encryption and two-step verification work.
3 Business Card Scanning is available for iOS and Android.
4 Present directly from your notes in a full-screen layout for more collaborative, efficient meetings.
5 Context reveals notes with related content and documents, and Knowledge Discovery identifies co-workers who are experts on the topic or project you're working on.
6 Evernote automatically finds and displays relevant content and work from across your entire business so you can avoid duplicate work and discover information you didn't know to look for.
7 Boost customer relationships by easily capturing meeting notes on any device and linking them directly to any Salesforce record. Add attachments including handwritten meeting notes, PDFs, research from the web including articles, photos, and more.
Unsure Which Version of Evernote is Right for You?
Our affiliate, Quick Study Consulting, is an Evernote Certified Consultant. Click here to arrange for a free consultation to find the right Evernote version for you or your organization.